Friday, November 12, 2021

CONSTRUCTION: MAKING PROPS

For our trailer OFF THE LEASH we wanted to create a sequence of shots, showing protestors holding banners and placards. Therefore, I needed to make relevant props for this scene using different technology. 

The first prop I created was the placard. A placard is something you see in almost every protest so we thought we would make the relevant props. During the construction of this prop, I had time to think about the message we wanted to present. I found spare wood of different sizes which allowed us to piece the placard together. I nailed two flat planks of wood together and then used a sharpie to write the message. The first message showed "Boris Lied People Died". The message on the other side showed "Freedom". These messages would be relevant to the topic of our trailer about lockdown and the outrage caused from it.

For the second prop, it was a more complicated and advanced prop. I obtained a large piece of white cloth and cut it to the correct size needed for our catchline. Creating a stencil using a Computer Aided Design software. After we created the stencil we stapled the stencil onto the white cloth so that it wouldn't move and the lettering would be precise.  I used a red spray paint for the lettering "Transparent Animals" and then used black spray paint for the outline of the crow. I used a crow on our banner because one of the animals in our trailer is a crow and I felt that the crow framed the words nicely and also looked intimidating. Our trailer consists of animals like penguins and pandas which I experimented with,  however they weren't as intimidating as the crow which we ended up using. Overall I thought the props came out very successful and will be effective in our trailer.











1 comment:

  1. The props are indeed very impressive and will look most convincing in action in the protest scenes of your film. The production team worked well together to source the materials, then design and execute the project. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

PROMO PACK BRIEF

WELCOME TO MY BLOG! O F F I C I A L  O F F  T H E  L E A S H   T R A I L E R O F F I C I A L   O F F  T H E  L E A S H   T E A S E R  T R A ...