Thursday, November 4, 2021

PLANNING: MY TARGET AUDIENCE



I started by investigating how brands define audiences in preparation for creating my own audience for my production. For example, I saw how Bauer Media, NME and Sky defined audiences. This helped my produce my audience profile.

To plan how to reach your specific target audience you need to know who they are and what their interests are. You create an audience questionnaire to research the age, gender, ethnicity and social class of your target audience. You also find out what their media needs and wants are so that you can create a film that will satisfy them. Ultimately in order to market your movie you have to find out the best way to reach your target audience. To show how your research has helped with your planning, you have answered the questions below with pictures to support your post. 

1. Who is my primary target audience?

15 - 25 unisex

2. What kind of films and television are they likely to prefer?

Our audience are likely to prefer horror films like, The Conjuring and The Blair Witch Project

3. What platforms do they choose to watch films and where are they likely to see information about films?

My audience would have access to streaming platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime in order to watch films. The audience are going to be exposed to advertisement and information about films on social media sites like Instagram, Twitter and FaceBook.

4. What brands do they prefer?

I feel like our audience would be interested more of the mainstream, popular brands. They would wear popular sports brands like Adidas and Nike and be interested in the mainstream music artists. To access screenings they are most likely to visit the Odeon.

5. What makes my film stand out from the competition?

One of our USP's for our film is the found footage we use. Found footage allows our audience to feel connected with the characters as we watch the film through the eyes of one of the characters. With the audience feeling a connection to the characters allows them to create a rapport with them and it feels more personal.

. Why should my audience watch my film? 

My audience should watch my film because it's not traditional. It is not the same as other horror movies, and my film will keep my audience hooked throughout.





 

2 comments:

  1. Evidence of audience research and clear understanding that all media products need to know who their audiences are. You have also made an audience profile which would benefit from adding in film posters of the films that your target audience are likely to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great audience profile: you show real media flair here. You have picked the films The Blair Witch Project and IT as 'comparable' films that your audience would also pick. Altogether, with the other brands, this makes a convincing audience profile.

    ReplyDelete

PROMO PACK BRIEF

WELCOME TO MY BLOG! O F F I C I A L  O F F  T H E  L E A S H   T R A I L E R O F F I C I A L   O F F  T H E  L E A S H   T E A S E R  T R A ...